Friday, February 08, 2008

Steaknives

I got my first set of grown up steak knives today, cashing in the points on my credit card (it was that or gift cards to Best Buy and other retail stores I might as well buy stuff with a CREDIT CARD at). The knives came with a sharpener, which is how I know they're for grownups, as well as the sharpness that can slice through child flesh all-too easily.

Carrying them home on the train made me feel like a superhero, although any criminal who would wait for me to pull them out of their cardboard sleeves and then be intimidated by the resultant 5" of steel should probably find another line of work. The handles are walnut. This is one of those few instances where I'll condone the willful destruction of a tree, the other being when I'm cold and there's a fireplace, or chainsaw art. Come to think of it, my wood morals are a lot more loose than my feelings about leather.

C'est la vie.

No comments: