Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Two Times Two


Brandi and I celebrated our four year wedding anniversary yesterday at La Donna restaurant in Andersonville, on Chicago's north side. Four years! It's passed, not in the blink of an eye, but well, I think. We each had the prix fixe menu, because nothing says "married four years" better than a good deal, and great food, including pear salads to die for, salmon (me) and ravioli (her, then me, because I am a food Hoover) and finally mint chocolate chip gelato, which is like ice cream but formed out of Italian. The server was so nice to remember or overhear that it was our anniversary and included these little candles in our gelato, one for every two years. Is this the tradition? It is now! She was also kind enough to run, then re-run, then re-re-run our credit cards after a mix-up with the table next to us, which had a couple also out for a romantic evening, who had also ordered wine and the prix fixe menu, but who paid with a different credit card. If the price had been closer, I wouldn't have minded paying for theirs. At the end of the night, they said, "Our anniversary is in November. See you then!"

November, got it. I'll be wearing the red carnation.

No comments: