Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It goes like this, "Da da DAH, DAH DAH da dada..."

I wish you could Google music. This morning, I'm listening to a Paul Oakenfeld track called "Zoo York," which uses the exact refrain from the trailer for "Sunshine." And anyone who saw that incredibly intense trailer knows how hard the music ratchets up the tension.

Which is doubly amazing when you consider how often a trailer about a menial office worker who rises above his circumstances is set to the music from "Brazil." (Listen for the percussive typewriters.) Or a wacky gang of mismatched eccentric types take to the road set to "The Breakfast Machine" by Danny Elfman from "Pee Wee's Big Adventure." And the entire John Williams Star Wars score is just a rehash of Holst's "The Planets." I may be overreaching. Nevertheless, I will continue to do so until my demands are met: tell me the name of that song.

No comments: