Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bourne Again


My friend Natalie asked me to tape her sketch comedy show, "Mass Hysteria" Friday night, and so I showed up with my camera and tripod slung across my back like an A/V assassin. The show was fun and hopefully I kept everything in focus enough to produce an entertaining and instructive 30 minutes. Instructive because she, her cast mate Vinney and her director will be reviewing the DVD tonight. In order to get the disc in her hands, I made arrangements to meet her mid-day by her office. Natalie, being by far the funnier of the two of us, joked that we should call it vague names like "the stuff" and not look each other in the eye when we handed it off. Since I'd just watched "The Bourne Ultimatum," I was more than game, and planned for a full scale police chase across LaSalle and into the subway tunnels. As evidenced by this photo, I wore gloves to prevent fingerprints, and disguised my hair using a special graying formula that, used properly, takes years to put in. When I got close, unable to trust voice communications (okay, I was having problems with my cell phone), I texted Natalie, and hid behind a light post.

Well, imagine my disappointment when after handing it over, no sirens went off, and we wound up chatting about the show and how dumb it is when people tell you to do two things at once and, when you ask which is the highest priority, respond with, "They're BOTH my highest priority." Since my deep cover continues to be successful, I will retain the identity of "Matt Larsen," a person who does not know karate, or car-fu, and who, when surprised, tends to scream like a nine year old girl. I do, however, make really great stuffed peppers.

Dangerously great.

No comments: