Friday, October 13, 2006

What the DICKENS?!

I snapped this on the way to work yesterday. Looks like all the weather people were right and summer has to come to an end. Pity that Chicago experiences only two seasons, though. I was looking forward to at least a little fall. Now I'm not just wearing my lined pants because I need to do laundry. I really want to stay warm.

I think it stinks that hot summers here are typically followed by cold winters. You'd think we could come up with some kind of weather karma, but, no, it's air. It obeys its own rules (see: tornados, hurricanes, other violent but non-spinny currents that still hurt people and property). As I've gotten older, I've stopped looking forward to all of the things I can make with snow and started realizing that, hey, that guy digging his car out of the snow in all the towing commercials is going to be me very, very shortly. I wonder if I should invest in snow tires.

No comments: