Monday, April 07, 2008

Weekend on Bikes

Brandi and I took some much-needed R&R this weeekend, resting up and getting ready for countdown to April's seder and our trip to Mexico. Saturday, we took out the bicycles and went for a ride along the lakeshore path down to Foster Avenue beach. The weather was a bit cool, but perfect with a sweatshirt, and a welcome respite from the cold weather blues that got pretty much everybody down this winter. On the additional plus side, Brandi and I now both have padded seats, to combat the inevitable numbness that besieges our bony backsides.

I think my wife looks absolutely adorable in this picture. I, on the other hand, thanks to the wraparound mirror shades that Brandi advised me not to buy in the store, but which I thought fit nicely and would stay on my head when I went running in them (and do!), look like a complete jag. Seriously, doesn't this picture just scream, "Get off my beamer, you jobless hobo!" Even my canines look fake.

Just to add a counter to that photo, here's a picture of me on my ride, a Citizen, which is a folding bike I can (theoretically) take on the train.

Geek cred restored. +50 HP.

2 comments:

Bee Skelton said...

This is such a cool blog! Love it :) You amuse me no end. Hope you don't mind, but I've put a link on my own blog so I can come back and snoop on your lovely life whenever I want. Hugs to both you and Brandi :)

Matt said...

Thank you so much! I'm excited to learn that someone outside Chicago actually reads my paltry writing.

Take care and thanks for the link.

Matt