Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pinned by the turtle

Babysitting duties this Saturday, with Brandi and special guest rockstar Michal. We trundled off to the local playground to work off some energy. Michal dared me to crawl under the cement turtle. I did it. "Now sit up!" I could not. If I had to guess, I would say I couldn't have sat up underneath it since the late seventies, when I was Michal's size. I did make Brandi take this great shot, though. It looks like we wrestled and I lost.

By the way, if I'm ever homeless and out of friends, I'm making the underside of this turtle my home. It's small but still roomier than my studio on Melrose. I kid. The studio had a closet. Just a few blankets would keep me warm in the turtle's concrete embrace through wintertime. The shell would keep out rain. Maybe a length of chicken wire for the larger vermin? Maybe a hot plate? Maybe I'm gonna think this plan through a little harder?

Aw, turtle.

No comments: