Monday, March 13, 2006

Live from Kol Ami

Brandi as Vashti, in her solo singing debut. Gershwin is the theme of Purim this year and as you can see, everybody went all-out. Well, kind of high school all-out, but the theme is there. The fellow in the Lone Ranger mask is playing Haman, the bad guy of the story, who wants to kill all of the Jews. You boo when you hear his name.

The performers cleverly adapted the lyrics to George and Ira Gershwin classics. I wish I knew more George and Ira Gershwin classics. Performances went from "really great try" to "well, okay, that was amazing; I wish the microphone hadn't cut out" and everywhere in between. Brandi was, of course, stunning.

As you can tell from the quality, I took these pictures with my cameraphone in the sanctuary. I hope I didn't break any rules doing so. I consider tacit permission given, since they asked me and another guy named Matt to videotape the proceedings, and of course they didn't specifically forbid photos.

If you found me tomorrow, struck by lightning, you'll know which deity to haul in for questioning.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Fab pictures Matt. Thanks for including the play by play. I noticed that today was Purim on the calendar and assumed this was a temple event. Horray for Brandi singing!